In an emergency – for serious illness or injury that is critical and requires urgent attention, call triple zero (000) for an ambulance or go to the emergency department of your local hospital.
National crisis numbers 24 hours a day, seven days a week (24/7):
- Lifeline – 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline – 1800 551 800 for young people 5-25 years
- Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467
- MensLine Australia – 1300 78 99 78 for men of any age
These phone lines are available to anyone in Australia 24/7, and are free or provided at the cost of a local call (some charges may apply to mobile users).
State-based mental health crisis numbers (24/7):
- ACT – 1800 629 354 – Mental Health Triage Service
- NSW – 1800 011 511 – Mental Health Line
- NT – 08 8999 4988 – Top End Mental Health Service
- QLD – 13 43 25 84 – 13 HEALTH
- SA – 13 14 65 – Mental Health Assessment and Crisis Intervention Service
- TAS – 1800 332 388 – Mental Health Services Helpline
- VIC – 1300 651 251 – Suicide Help Line
- WA – 1800 676 822 – Mental Health Emergency Response Line.
Health Direct is FREE 24/7 free medical advice for NON-urgent matters in Australia
If your health concern is not urgent call the healthdirect helpline at any time on 1800 022 222 for free advice and reassurance (known as NURSE-ON-CALL in Victoria).
The healthdirect helpline is a 24-hour telephone health advice line that operates seven days a week. It is staffed by registered nurses who provide expert health advice. You can call for advice if you or a member of your family are feeling ill and are unsure what to do, or for health information on a particular condition.
Check your symptoms with healthdirect’s Symptom Checker to get advice on when to seek medical attention.
Pregnancy, birth and baby concerns
Health Direct offers free medical advice if you are seeking general advice and support about pregnancy, childbirth and parenting up to five years, call Pregnancy, Birth and Baby on 1800 882 436.
SOURCE & further information About | healthdirect
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions Contact Us | Emergency ID Australia | Australian Founded & Operated