6 easy steps for training of Medical & Emergency Services:
1. Check the patient for Medical Jewellery or Emergency ID.
2. Turn the item over and read the back.
3. Call the 24hr 1300 number on the rear and quote the unique number. Most will also have a medical condition engraved for your immediate reference.
4. Emergency line staff will ask your name and location. They will then immediately call you back to verify you are medical/emergency personnel.
5. You will then be given all the wearers vital information that they WANT or NEED passed on to you.
6. You can now treat/assist the patient knowing more details about them, they medical conditions/history, medications, allergies and who they would like contacted.
This article was not paid for in any way by Emergency ID Australia.