Emergency ID Awareness Day – 10 Dec
“Check PATIENT, Check belongings. Emergency ID relays vital information when they can’t”
- First aiders,
- Nurses, Doctors,
- Emergency personnel,
EVERYONE, it is VITALLY IMPORTANT that you check the patient/person for Emergency ID.
If you have an Emergency TELL YOUR colleagues, family, friends, medical professionals, paramedics, ANYONE treating you.
YOU are the BEST EDUCATOR!
What are the benefits of Emergency ID?
In an emergency, minutes matter!
You may not be able to speak for yourself, but an emergency ID can speak for you.
- Take out the “guesswork” and clearly show current medical conditions, as symptoms of common ailments can be easily misdiagnosed.
- First responders can quickly obtain details of your emergency contact. That way, you are not left alone in the hospital, as medical staff can inform loved ones.
- Prompt diagnosis is critical to effective treatment.
- A brief description of vital medical information engraved on your emergency ID ensures appropriate and timely medical care.
- Wearing an emergency ID protects against potentially harmful medical errors. “In Australia, medical error results in as many as 18,000 unnecessary deaths, and more than 50,000 patients become disabled each year.” Source Australian Medical Error Action Group.
- You are assisting those trying to do their best to help you by giving necessary, potentially life-saving information.
THAT COULD HAVE A HUGE IMPACT ON THE PATIENT
Emergency ID relays vital information when they can’t
To see what some Emergency ID’s look like please see Emergency ID Australia : Shop Medical Alert IDs